In the port of Szczecin, the Russian Quay changes its name to Ukrainian


The Russian Quay in the Szczecin port changes its name to the Ukrainian one. Such a resolution was adopted by the management board of the Szczecin and Świnoujście Seaports Authority, and then by the Szczecin City Council, whose powers include, inter alia, matters relating to the names of streets, squares and quays.


This is not the first change of the name of this part of the port infrastructure located in the area of ​​general cargo, right next to the Duty Free Zone building. Originally, the quay was called Pruskie. Then, after World War II, throughout the period of the People's Republic of Poland - Soviet. After the so-called transformation, they were renamed to Russian.

 

The quay is nearly 350 m long. It houses a characteristic reinforced concrete warehouse No. 7, which - together with all equipment, railroads and roads - was put into use on July 15, 1929. These facilities are part of the Duty Free Zone. After World War II, this part of the port remained under Soviet rule for the longest time. It was handed over to Poland, along with the warehouse No. 7, only in January 1955.

 

The resolution changing the name of the quay will come into force after 14 days from the date of its announcement in the Official Journal of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship. (MWL)

Cookies policy

We use cookies on this website. By using this website you agree to the use of cookies.